The past week was pretty stressful. My sister was admitted to the hospital and when that happens it’s usually a chaotic time for us as a family. A lot of people still don’t understand how sick we get, and the fact that when either of us are admitted, most of the time means life threatening but not always. I will not get into detail of what happened, but I did want to share some ideas to cope with stress.
I am not an expert, but I do know I am a hard person to distract. Maybe some of these things will work for you or not, but I wanted to share some things that I have done.
- Coloring- I already had a coloring book that had bible verses and positive Quotes. Plus I bought a whole new set of colorful sharpies to color with. It doesn’t ALWAYS work for me but I do enjoy it. My favorite things to color are big flowers and coloring in hair or makeup. Teeny tiny details give me really bad anxiety!
- Tv/movies – One tv show I’m still currently obsessed with is BOBS BURGERS. They are so goofy and funny it is impossible for you not to laugh or get distracted by their crazy adventures. My favorite chatter by far is Louis Belcher.
- Cleaning/Decluttering- getting organized can really help if you have a lot on your mind.
- Writing things down- when life is over the top with stress most of the time your mind can’t keep up. Something simple like lists can help A lot.
- Radio or podcasts- I have found radio shows that I’m really into. It’s great because you can just sit or lay down listen and relax.
- Music- That’s a big one, I don’t think I have ever met someone who doesn’t use music to cope. Just listen to what you are into maybe find new artists.
- Pets- Ok, one of my favorites, just just snuggling with my doggy helps me out so much! It’s like they Really understand how you feel!
- Comminication- I can not tell you how much me and my sister FaceTimed EVERYDAY while she was in the hospital. She wasn’t close we had to travel to get to her so sometimes I could not go, but we always saw each other!
Hope you enjoyed some of my ideas, if you have any ways you cope with stress please tell me in the comments! Thank you for reading,